Monday, October 13, 2008

I love a good mystery....



Ever since I was 12 I have enjoyed a good mystery. I mainly like English mysteries. I don't like true crime or overly gory mysteries. Some is expected in a murder mystery, its all the writing I guess.
some of my favorite authors are P.D. James, Colin Dexter, Ellis Peters, Lillian Jackson Braun, Dorothy L Sayers. and P.G. Wodehouse. Occasionally I will read another author but these by far are my favorites. I occasionally will read Agatha Christie also but reading her is not my favorite form of her work. I like to watch Agatha Christie Mysteries, Miss Marple or Poirot my favorite actor for that being David Suchet. All my favorite English authors have had movies, tv series done. John Thaw is sadly missed as Inspector Morse,series adapted from the books written by Colin Dexter. I also miss Roy Marsden playing Commander Dalgiesh, he is still the around but P. D. James books made in to movies are much better when he is the lead actor, at least I think so.One of my favorite tv mysteries is Midsommer Murders which are based on the books of Caroline Graham who I actually havent read yet, I came across as the tv series. I like to collect them. I am always interested in finding new mystery authors, I find it is a hit and miss thing. However as long as there are mysteries to be solved I shall keep reading. If you have any suggestions let me know. Books I am currently reading are only virtual bookself on the side... The quotes are random and not ones I chose but I thought would be fun to have on the blog...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember watching midsummer murders, me and my step dad use to watch it whilst we were waiting for my mum to come home!
You always knew who did it though because it was the special star guest who was in that particuler show!! still good to watch though