Asian Dumpling Soup
- 4 scallions, white and green parts only, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup peeled and slivered fresh ginger
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps halved and thinly sliced
- 1 package (15 ounces) frozen stuffed dumplings
- 1 can (15 ounces) baby corn, drained (1 2/3 cups)
- 2 bunches watercress, stems trimmed (4 cups)
- In a medium saucepan, combine scallions, garlic, ginger, and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil and cook, partially covered, for 10 minutes. Add chicken broth and mushrooms, cook until the mushrooms begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add dumplings and baby corn; boil until dumplings are tender, about 4 minutes. Add watercress, stir until wilted, about 30 seconds. Spoon into bowls, and serve immediately.
Shrimp Tikka Masala
2 tbs EVO ( extra virgin oil)
1 large onion thinly sliced
3 tbs grated peeled fresh ginger
1 tbs of grated garlic
2 tsps tomato paste
2 tsps garam masala
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 cup of water
20 large shrimp peeled and de veined
1/4 plain yogurt
salt and pepper
Heat oil in stock pot or dutch oven medium heat Cook onion till golden ( about 20 minutes) add all but shrimp and water and yogurt- cook for about 3 minutes. Add shrimp and water. Cook for 4 minutes. Stir in yogurt. Season with pepper and salt.
Serves 4 double for more than 4 people.