Sunday, October 19, 2008

Inspirational thought



"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But its usually through another mortal that he meets out needs. Therefore it is vital that we serve one another."
Spencer W Kimball.


There have been many times when this statement has been true in my life. I have been blessed with friends and family who have been close to me and have watched over me. There have been times when I have been faced with trials, even the possibility of death. I know that without the faith of others praying and fasting for my welfare and behalf I would not be here today. I know its impossible to repay all the kindness and service which others have done for me throughout the years, but I hope to do my best. Most of all I am grateful that we do have a Heavenly father who loves and watches over us. He sent us Son who gave his life for all of us and to me, that is the greatest act of service anyone could do. In a world where so many people try to shut religion out, and become more and more absorbed in their own self importance, its important to dare to buck that trend, and be a light and example to others. A kind word goes far, a kind deed can change lives.

No comments: