Saturday, January 10, 2009

Some sad news...


Some sad news, on Jan 4th, 2009 My grandpa Blake Harley Everett passed away. He was 92. For the past year my parents, Simon and I have been looking after him at his house. My brother Joe and also his wife also got the opportunity to help him, for many years. He and my Grandma married in 1938, they met when my Grandma was in the 9th grade. It was a real sudden passing, there was no indication that he would be leaving us that day or even that week. We had gone to Denny's ward to see Jonah, Denny and Catherine's 3rd son be blessed. My Grandpa loved to fish and hunt in his younger years, was an avid football and basketball fan up until his last day. He was a hard worker in his job at the pipe plant for 37 yrs and also was a very good farmer. He always had a project, if not for himself, he had one for us to do when we would visit. He is now with my Grandma who he has missed dearly for almost 20 yrs. I can't imagine how happy he feels now. To any of my relatives who may read this, we are thankful for all the kind words and deeds you have done for us at this time. I shall miss my Grandpa, but I know he is thrilled to be with his wife and family again.

2 comments:

Christi Graham said...

He was very handsome. Looking at his picture, I can see some resemblances between him and you and your brothers. Especially your brothers. I'm sorry about your grandpa. I know you miss him.

Charlotte and Jared Nelson said...

I'm sorry about your grandpa. How are you guys doing?