Monday, April 11, 2016

Spring!!

 This year it looks like we finally get a Spring in Utah.  No its not a guaranteed thing in this state. Our usual pattern is to have Winter and then Bam! into Summer, with little of any other seasons.  However, this year we have had actual spring.  Its so neat to see the trees  which are flowering in the whites, and purples and pink blossoms.   The flowers are coming out as well. Around my house, I have seen:  Daffodils and Crocuses.  Also the birds are in the trees and life in general is springing up all around. Our forest home, which is what I live in is becoming alive again with color, fresh scents of flowers, buds on the trees etc.                                                          
It is so nice to have such sunny weather and to think about what to plan for gardening.  I have alot of clearing out to do before I can put anything in the side gardens.  My herb garden is going great and is coming out of its winter sleep. I was most pleased to see that my raspberry survived the snow and it too is coming out of its slumber and maybe this year I will actually get some raspberries from it.  That would be nice.  Rain is due in the forecast this week but that doesn't bother me at all.  A bit of rain never hurt anyone. I am just glad that it is too warm for snow.  I like that, no snow is good for me. I am tired of wearing winter wear!   My cats are happy about the warmer weather which is nice they go outside more and enjoy the day.  It has made me want to go on short walks as well because the weather is so nice.  Overall, Welcome Spring!                                                                                                                                                                      
Daffodils

No comments: